So, you’re starting the process of buying a home and go to check your credit score and get a nasty surprise. Or you’re shopping around for an auto loan or business loan and keep getting bad news that your score isn’t up to standards. You may even have just received an alert that someone started taking out credit cards and racking up debt in your name. Yikes!
Either way, there comes a time for many of us when we need to improve our credit score. No matter who you are or what your situation, that can be done by several methods including paying down debt, observing best practices for good credit, and disputing erroneous or outdated information directly with the bureaus.
That general process is called credit repair, and consumers absolutely have the right to TRY it themselves.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) gives consumers the right to dispute inaccurate or incomplete information on their credit reports and requires credit reporting agencies to investigate and correct any errors.
But just because you can TRY to repair your credit yourself, SHOULD you?
Or does it make more sense to hire a reputable, experienced, and highly rated credit repair firm like Blue Water Credit?
In this blog, we’ll outline a few advantages to using a GOOD credit repair firm like Blue Water Credit. But to be honest with you, there are a whole lot of bad actors in the credit repair industry, so PLEASE BE CAREFUL who you trust (and give you hard-earned money to).
In case you didn’t know, credit repair is a complex and time-consuming process that requires a thorough understanding of credit reporting laws, credit scoring algorithms, and dispute resolution procedures.
While it may be tempting to try and repair your credit on your own, the reality is that it can be a dangerous and costly mistake.
That’s why many consumers turn to Blue Water Credit to help them navigate the often-confusing world of credit repair.
Credit repair refers to the process of improving one’s credit score by identifying and addressing errors or negative information on their credit report. Here are some statistics and data related to credit repair:
- According to a study by the Federal Trade Commission, one in five people have errors on their credit reports that can be corrected by credit repair services.
- The most common types of negative information on credit reports are late payments, collections, and bankruptcies, according to a study by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- A study by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau found that credit repair companies dispute an average of five items per client, and 70% of those disputes result in some form of modification or deletion.
- But according to a survey by CreditCards.com, only 15% of respondents said they had successfully disputed a negative item on their credit report with the help of a credit repair service.
So, why should you consider hiring Blue Water Credit to help you repair your credit?
There are several reasons why you should consider seeking professional help when it comes to repairing your credit.
- First and foremost, credit repair is a highly specialized field that requires a deep understanding of credit reporting laws and the credit scoring process. Blue Water Credit has the knowledge and expertise to help you navigate the complex world of credit reporting and credit scoring. We can help you identify errors on your credit report, dispute inaccuracies with the credit bureaus, and provide guidance on how to improve your credit score.
- Repairing your own credit can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. It requires a significant amount of research, documentation, and communication with the credit bureaus and creditors. Of course, it may be better to allow Blue Water Credit handle all of these tasks for you, saving you time and reducing your stress.
- Attempting to repair your own credit can be a risky proposition. If you don’t have a thorough understanding of the credit reporting process, you may inadvertently make mistakes that could further damage your credit score. But Blue Water Credit can help you avoid these pitfalls and ensure that your credit repair efforts are successful.
- Finally, a professional credit repair company like Blue Water Credit can help you achieve your credit goals more quickly and efficiently than you could on your own. We’re the industry expert in legal, ethical, and highly effective credit repair, with the knowledge, experience, and resources to help you achieve your credit goals.
So, if you’re ready for the best possible outcome and to maximize your credit score (or even if you just want some advice about where to get started) schedule a no-risk consultation with Blue Water Credit.
We’re always here to help!